Chapter 15 of the short novel of Holder Volcano "Falling leaves"
The bride of the tractor driver Sultan Hurhur Rayhan
Khurshida went to the collective farm tractor Park to find out where the tractor driver Sultan disappeared these days. During a recent conversation, he said that he lives in the tractor Park. Going to tractor Park, Khurshida asked the Manager and heard the terrible news that she feared most. It turns out, the tractor driver Sultan went, whether in Tashkent, whether in his native village "Tuyamuyun". Hearing this, Khurshida felt very dizzy and not to fall, she leaned against the wall. The Manager went on to explain:
-The guy was nice, funny smart, the whole team respected him. I asked the reason for his departure, but he didn't want to tell us about it. He packed his bags, said goodbye to us, and he left. Only... excuse me, girl, is your name Khurshida? - asked the Manager.
- Yeah, what? - Khurshida shuddered, thinking of where the Manager knows her name.
- The fact that the tractor driver Sultan before leaving, said to me confidentially, whispering in my ear that he trusts me like I trust myself. Then he asked me to give you this envelope. Don't be afraid, I won't tell anyone. Of course, I don't want to interfere in your internal Affairs, but personally I feel sorry for the tractor driver Sultan. Such a cheerful guy, the comedian, and suddenly, the smile on his face faded, as if the burned-out bulb, eh... Here you go, in one piece and believe me, I have not opened this envelope. Maybe he left you his coordinates - the Manager said, passing the envelope. Smiling through tears, Khurshida thanked the Manager and took the envelope with shaking hands. After that, she left the control room. Khurshida was walking on the sidewalk and cried, clutching the envelope to her chest. Not to get caught in the open, she went over the edge of the field, where the trail meandered like a snake to the field camp. When Khurshida came to the camp, there was not a soul. She sat down at a homemade field table, located under acacia, which blooms in the spring. At that moment, the tractor driver Sultan's letter seemed to her to be a time bomb. On the other hand, it encouraged her. She carefully opened the envelope and took out the letter. Khurshida recognized the familiar handwriting of the tractor driver Sultan and began to read.
First of all, I would like to ask you and your mother, Aunt Rachel, for the fact that, without consulting with you, I made an independent decision, and I'm leaving. I've been thinking, but couldn't find the way out of the situation but to leave, so as not to disturb you and your family. Khurshida, You clever girl, think for yourself, well, let's say, we'll go someplace else. Do you think this will solve all the problems? No, of course, If not your father, people Chairman Comrade Kokyutalov abu Salasarimsak ibn Guslvozhib Tezaktelbakezavuch will find us, at least from the ground. This is by far. That is, they have long hands. I'm not afraid for myself, I'm afraid only for you and your mother. This is destiny and we with you not in forces to change. Here, my presence will only harm you and your family. I don't want to because I cursed your father and you burn in hell in the afterlife. The curse of the father is the end for man! Living with your father's curse doesn't make sense. And I want you to be alive and your mother, Aunt Rachel. Yes, I love you and you know it. But it doesn't give me the right to sacrifice You and your mom. On the contrary, I should sacrifice myself for you, for aunt Rachel's life and for our love. I understand you and your position; I understand that you also are in unbearable pain, mental pain, unbearable spiritual torture that I feel. But this suffering is nothing in comparison to the torment and torture of hell. May the worms of separation eat me alive; I'm ready for it in order to protect you from destruction. Who knows, maybe God himself decided to test our patience. And we have no other way but to make peace with the destiny that is ordained by the Supreme God himself. I'm most afraid to go crazy with longing and boredom without you. My soul cries like a violin, like the wind in the desert, like the hoopoe in the fields.
I will never forget you, Khurshida, and I'll love you forever! You will remain in my memory as a white acacia, which will bloom selflessly in the spring near the field camp! Khurshida, I ask you at last - if you really love me, then accept the fate and marry the guy for whom your father wants to give you. Because uncle Abduljabbar promised, gave word of man, this chairman comrade Kokyutalov abu Salasarimsak ibn Guslvozhib Tezaktelbakezavuch. This is very important in terms of honor and dignity of men. You have to put up with fate, at least so as not to jeopardize the life of your mother, who gave birth and raised you. If your love for me is sincere, you will find strength in yourself and try to overcome the bitterness of separation. You'll see, it will be years - and gradually let go of you, that spiritual hunger, that terrible need, the name of which is separation. And our love will remain in our hearts as the first snow, like a unspoiled island Paradise where no foot of man, where on the sandy shore there will be no trace, but our with you. Shore waves will kiss in the moonlight of those loving acceptance that we wrote when something you stick in the sand. This will be our quiet mooring under the moon, where we will sail mentally, and sitting under the white acacia, we will silently look at the moon shining over the sea of memories, listening to the rustle of the tide of waves. Our love will remain in our memory banks the blooming white acacia. This is my first and last letter. Want - tear it to pieces and throw it to the wind like the petals of the flowers of the acacia, want - burn like a tourniquet autumn leaves of the poplars and maples that grow at field mill, where we first met, want to save on memory, and don't look for me. All the forces try to forget me.
Be happy and live long.
With best wishes,
The tractor driver Sultan Ultanovich.
After reading the letter, Khurshida roared, shaking her whole body, owed:
- God, what is this? He gave me happiness and he took it from me! How am I going to live now, Lord?! How do I get out of this pit now?! He left, leaving me...No, and don't hope, unfaithful Alphonse, I'll never forgive you! If you'd waited a little while, me and my mom, the three of us would have gone! - She cried. Then suddenly she abruptly stopped crying, staring at the hazy blank look. Her eyes were empty, like a pair of birds flying south. For her, life has lost its color, taste and any sense. Time stopped, too. Now she didn't care. As if the soul left her body, flew somewhere in the unknown distance and flies on and on, forever, like a night bird disturbed. Khurshida stood up from her place and went back roads through the fog, with the crumpled letter in hand and did not notice how came home. Seeing her pale face and empty eyes meaningless, Raheela was scared.
- What's wrong, daughter? Don't tell me that the tractor driver Sultan died - she said. Khurshida hugged mom and said.
- No, mom, it happened more terrible than his death... He left- Khurshida started to cry.
- What are you talking about? Who told you that he left? No, it can't be. This evil people staged a draw, telling you false news-told Raheela. Khurshida showed her the crumpled letter to the tractor driver Sultan.
- This letter says it all - tears, she again, sitting down exhausted on a chair.
Smoothing the crumpled letter, Raheela started to read wider and wider to gawk at each read line. After reading the letter, she also instinctively squeezed the letter into a ball.
- As I was happy but, oh, how I was hoping, thinking that you will be happy. But the opposite happened. We were too late. It's all my fault. The idea of leaving came to my mind too late. I should have thought about it earlier, earlier. Oh, my God, we're so unlucky! - said Raheela in a whisper, with tears in her eyes.
- Daughter, you really do not cry, better go to your room and lie down, rest a bit, gather my thoughts. Don't cry. Many do not cry, do not beat yourself up, you still can't reverse the water in the river that flowed. Lost time cannot be regained... With these words Raheela helped Khurshida to undress. Khurshida walked, not looking at her feet, like a sleepwalker who sleeps on the go. She went into his room and threw himself on the bed and covering her head with a pillow, began to sob bitterly. Raheela stroking her feathered hair, too, was crying. Khurshida was lying there till the evening, and didn't want her to eat her dinner, despite the request and entreaty of her mother. She locked herself in the room, asking her mother not to disturb her. At night, Khurshida again dreamed of the tractor driver Sultan. He was wearing a black Tux. Neatly combed, shaved, fresh as a Daisy, with a cigar in his mouth, he sat behind a field desk under a white acacia at field mill. Beside him sat the bride in a white wedding dress, skinny, with overly long neck, with big like a tarsier, with eyes, with a swollen forehead, reminiscent of a planetarium, with long and bony hands and big, thin ears, like the ears of a bat. She had a big mouth, but her lips were thin. At other tables sat the drunken guests, many of whom danced the Chairman of the collective farm comrade Kokyutalov abu Salasarimsak ibn Guslvozhib Tezaktelbakezavuch on the dance floor, raising his eyebrows, moving necks and wiggling their butts in time to the music. Over the bride and groom moved bunches of white acacia flowers, gently swaying in the spring wind. The waiters poured the guests Moldovan wine "Isabella" in crystal glasses. Flying champagne corks, all the noise, loud female laughter, male laughter, one word - fun. Only, Khurshida stood in the corner quietly crying. After passing through the crowd, she came to the main table, where the bride and groom sat, that is, the tractor driver Sultan with his companion.
- Nu, Hello, Sultan! Getting married right, and I? We all loved each other. Making plans for the future and you seem to have sworn to marry me at all costs. And you turned out to be a real con man. Take and defied me! It turns out that every day you change girls like socks! Are you not ashamed?! - she said.
The tractor driver Sultan looked at Khurshida with surprise and, lighting a Cuban cigar, said:
I don't understand, Madam, who are You, something I don't remember. I don't have another girlfriend, and I didn't. I just love her, advanced tractor driver, the beauty of Hurhur Rayhan! Whoever you are, I must warn you not of the responsibility for libel, but that my fiancée has been engaged in melee fighting for years in the basement of the Department of Internal Affairs, and that she has a black belt on karate. She is a master of sports in Ju-jitsu. To be honest, I'm scared of her. I would advise you to drink less alcohol. Such brawls will not lead to anything good! - He said.
- What you a vile man, Sultan! Here's to you! - said Khurshida and, grabbing the edge of the tablecloth, sharply pulled on itself. As a result, all that was on the table fell to the ground. The crystal glasses shattered. Porcelain vase also broke into exactly two parts. A beautiful bouquet of purple roses with long stems scattered in different directions. An angry bride-to-be Sultan Mrs. Hurhur Rayhan one leap was on the table.
- Honey, Hurhur Rayhan! Come to your senses, dear! Don't give in to provocation! This village girl is not worthy of your anger! It is not necessary to get dirty with the blood of this illiterate redneck. Oh, my lovely rose! Stop, for the sake of our love! - shouted the tractor driver Sultan.
But Hurhur Rayhan did not obey the tractor driver Sultan and with the battle cry attacked Khurshida, started a fight between two angry women.
- Well, now you're dead, Hurhur Rayhan! I'll knock you out! - Khurshida said, catching hold of her hair, tugging her curly hair, but when hair Hurhur Rayhan pulled away, and bared her bald head, which looked like a hen's egg, Khurshida scared. In a cold sweat of fear, she woke up.